6 May 2011

Major decisions of life

                A person have many decisions that need to make. From now on, I have made a lot of decisions.However, in this time, I must make my decision very very seriously because it can affect my future directly. The decision is: choose two or three subjects be your NSS elective subjects. Most school candidates are expected to take four core subjects (Chinese Language, English Language, Mathematics and Liberal Studies), plus two or three elective subjects in the HKDSE. 


Two or three elective subjects
Choices 1
Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Choices 2
Business, Accounting and Financial Studies (BAFS),  Economic


1. Why I have the above decisions?
         My school have Chinese history, E&RE, Arts, Geography and Combined Science (Chinese) subjects that we can choose. But I think if I choose this subjects, I will be arranged into bad class which will affect my study environment, then caused I cannot get a good results in HKDSEE. If I choose Phy,Chem,Bio  OR  BAFS,Ecom as my elective subjects, I will be arranged into a better class to study and it helps me to study well.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The entrance requirements of Hong Kong's universities
(Except HKU, CUHK, HKUST)
Chinese 3
English  3
Maths    2
LS          2
Elective  2 in one subject  


HKU
Chinese 3
English  3
Maths    2
LS          2
Elective  3 in two subjects
Business:   Maths 3  English 4
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Combined Science Required
牙醫/理學士(運動及健康)/ 內外全科醫學士 :  English 4  Maths 3   LS  3
理學士/護理學學士/中醫全科學士: /

CUHK
Chinese 3
English  3
Maths    2
LS          2
Elective  3 in two subjects
醫學院(公共衛生):   Maths 3   LS  3
理學院:   PHY, CHEM, BIO, C.S., Maths  3
教育學院:  /
Business:   CHI  5  ENG  5   MATHS  3  LS  3
Business(酒店/旅遊):  /

HKUST
Chinese 3
English  3
Maths    2
LS          2
Elective  3 in two subjects
Science:  one of Bio, Chem, Phy   3
Business:   English 4   Mathematics 3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Choose Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Advantages
1.  HKU, CUHK 和HKUST的大多數學院的特定要求都是PHY, CHEM, BIO。
2.  讀了PHY, CHEM, BIO 也可以修讀工商管理。
3.  在大學修讀PHY, CHEM, BIO,出來工作容易找到薪酬多的工作。
4.  對 PHY, CHEM, BIO 有點興趣。

Disadvantages
1.  比起其他科目相對較難學習,我對PHY 和 BIO 信心不大,怕應付不來。
2.  中四E班全班25人,平均分43.9/100,可見任教PHY之老師教學頗差。曾被他教過的學生表示,如果要給他平分,他會是0/10!如果我修讀PHY,我怕自己成績會很差。
如遇到不懂的問題,他難以解答和很難找到他去教我。 我校任教PHY老師不多,除了他
就再也沒有人能解答我在PHY上遇到的困難。
3.  我的BIO成績時好時壞,我是理解到它說什麼,但就是答不對題目,我對BIO表達有問題。 
4. 但對新事物求知慾不大(BIO)。

Choose BAFS and Ecom
Advantages
1. 我覺得我分析力強,對管理金錢、時間、制定目標都感興趣。
2. 對BAFS有興趣。
3. 修讀BAFS, Ecom 可以讀少一科。

Disadvantages
1. 我對樓市、股票不感興趣。
2. 修讀 BAFS, Ecom 對大學的工商管理學系的課程沒有關係。
3. 修讀 BAFS, Ecom 不一定易讀。
4. 由於工商管理學系沒有特定的課目,很多人會入讀,競爭相對醫學、理學院等(沒有    
    修讀PHY, CHEM, BIO不得入) 大。
5. 我校修讀Ecom的人成績偏差,全班平均分不及格 (43.3/100),可見任教Ecom之老師教學一般。 生怕自己修讀也會受到影響。
6. 尚未接觸,不知能否勝讀。

No comments:

Post a Comment