The following is one of my S3 compositions. Thank you for commenting it.
Helping the homeless
Instead of visiting elderly home and beach-cleaning, what voluntary services that we can also take part in? The answer is 'helping the homeless'! This is beacuse there are so many homeless in Hong Kong nowadays and as a Hong Kong citizen we should help the needy. I have taken part in a service of helping the homeless and I want to share with you.
Since we do not have enough money to buy the essential materials for the homeless. As a result, my classmates and I organised a series of found-raising activities in school throught the year. They are charity talent show, jumble show and charity auction. The charity talent show was very popular through the schoolmates as we invited a local singer to perform in the show with no remuneration. Each ticket was sold about HK$50 for each people. We raised about $1000 successfully! In the jumble show, many students donated their own things such as their beloved dolls and books. They were all sold at a good price, so we raised about $500 successfully. We raised more than $500 than the jumble show in the charity auction.
Raising enought money, we stared to buy the essential materials.The materials included clothes and food.On Sunday, we went to Sham Shui Po which is the most homeless are living in. When we saw the homeless, we said hello to them very kindly because it can let them feel less nervious. Then, we distributed the materials to them according their different conditions. Since different people require different nutritions. After distributing the materials, we communicated with them and we knew what they really need. Is clothing? Is food? No, they are not. Is care! They said that they always feel lonely. After the communication, we were soon become friends and I willing to offer the help for them. We promised that we will visit them again!
After doing the service on helping the homeless, I felt reward beacuse I realised that offering help to the needy is more happier than getting from someone. I believed that if you help someone, someone will also help you if you have problems one day. I think Hong Kong people should care about the others more in order to become more international. On the other hand, I learnt how to work in a team because we had to hold some found-raising activities together and I really want to thank my classmates who give me the support! I think I can do much better next time!
Since we do not have enough money to buy the essential materials for the homeless. As a result, my classmates and I organised a series of found-raising activities in school throught the year. They are charity talent show, jumble show and charity auction. The charity talent show was very popular through the schoolmates as we invited a local singer to perform in the show with no remuneration. Each ticket was sold about HK$50 for each people. We raised about $1000 successfully! In the jumble show, many students donated their own things such as their beloved dolls and books. They were all sold at a good price, so we raised about $500 successfully. We raised more than $500 than the jumble show in the charity auction.
Raising enought money, we stared to buy the essential materials.The materials included clothes and food.On Sunday, we went to Sham Shui Po which is the most homeless are living in. When we saw the homeless, we said hello to them very kindly because it can let them feel less nervious. Then, we distributed the materials to them according their different conditions. Since different people require different nutritions. After distributing the materials, we communicated with them and we knew what they really need. Is clothing? Is food? No, they are not. Is care! They said that they always feel lonely. After the communication, we were soon become friends and I willing to offer the help for them. We promised that we will visit them again!
After doing the service on helping the homeless, I felt reward beacuse I realised that offering help to the needy is more happier than getting from someone. I believed that if you help someone, someone will also help you if you have problems one day. I think Hong Kong people should care about the others more in order to become more international. On the other hand, I learnt how to work in a team because we had to hold some found-raising activities together and I really want to thank my classmates who give me the support! I think I can do much better next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment